Sunday, May 8, 2011

RISD Senior Textile Show

I went to check out the RISD Senior Textile Show yesterday and here are some of my favorite/memorable pieces.

Kathryn Cox
"Farm Raised" (Jacquard, Polyester, Rayon, Cotton)
Detail of intricate newspaper print pattern.

I couldn't find an artist/title for this one.  
It was created by overlaying two printed transparent silk layers to create a blurry, seemingly Bjork inspired pattern,
Detailed view.
 
 Brittany Gwen Bennet 
"Mumbled German Fables IV" (Jacquard, Woven Mohair, Cotton & Rayon)
This was a very cool structured, geometric jacket.
Front view.

 Amy Yuen Jung Yang
"Untitled III" (Wood & Paper)

Oona Brangam Snell
"Midnight Snack" (Jacquard, Woven Polyester & Cotton).
Not one of my favorites but I was just intrigued by the meat and tic-tac-toe.

Nora Macleod
"Untitled" (Jacquard, Wool, Silk, Rayon, Olefin)
This one had a great 3D feel. 

Kayla Mattes
This one was so odd, I just had to show it.  They were creatively named, from left to right:
"Smiley Naomi," "Slimed Cindy," "Windows Claudia," and "Galactic Tyra...
yeah, I'm not sure about this one! 

Eunie Kim
"Shawl" (Fabric Collage/Knit)
I liked how this fabric had the visual effect of a plastic/vinyl but was actually a soft and silky.

Audrey Pondek
"Quarry Wall" (Digitally Printed Silk)
Very dimensional with a lot of details when you looked closer. 

Elsinore Carabetta
"Felt, Fur & Braids"
Sweater: Alpaca Wool (painstakingly looped into this textural sweater) 
Necklaces: Wood & Linen
Detailed view.

No comments:

Post a Comment